Red Cross Support
The Red Cross Fire & Emergency Support Service (FESS) is a team of dedicated volunteers who are available to assist members of the community after they have been affected by fire, flooding and other emergencies. The Red Cross has a campervan that can offer shelter and facilities to those who need it. The team play an important role offering humanitarian assistance to those who may have suffered trauma from a fire or flood and help people deal with emotions associated with the loss of their home or belongings services the Red Cross provide include:
- Immediate temporary shelter
- Emotional support
- Practical assistance
- Clothing, toiletries and refreshments
- Shower/washing and toilet facilities
- Use of telephone/ camera to assist with insurance claims, signposting to other agencies
- Help in securing temporary accommodation
- Advice on care/ replacement of damaged property
- Multilingual phrasebooks
Based at Clough Road Fire Station in Hull, the team cover the whole of the Service area and are available from 1800hrs – 0700hrs weekdays, weekends and over the Christmas period 24/7.
You can find out more information about the Red Cross’ Fire and Emergency Support Service on their website.