Central Fire Station was originally established in 1927 and was rebuilt after the Second World War, making it the oldest fire station in the Humberside area. It is crewed by wholetime firefighters in a building behind Hull New Theatre. The admin building on the site which was built in 1963-4 has now been demolished as work starts on new rehearsal space for the theatre. A new station is currently under construction off Ferensway in Hull city centre. The station area covers a high number of retail premises, old buildings, museums and housing. It also covers Hull Royal Infirmary. The River Hull runs close to the station and the River Humber borders the station area to the south.
- 24 full-time
- 1 x Fire Engine