Under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED), we are required to annually publish data on equality in the workforce.
This includes the results of employment monitoring across the nine protected characteristics of the Equality Act.
Equality Act 2010
Under the PSED, Humberside Fire Authority (HFA) has general and specific duties outlined below:
General equality duty (Section 149, Equality Act 2010)
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
Specific duties (Schedule 19 Equality Act 2010) – listed public authorities must publish:
- Information on employees (if 150 staff or more) and people affected by policies and practices to demonstrate compliance with the equality act, at least annually
- Specific and measurable equality objectives, at least every four years